Review + Swatch | Maybelline | Colour Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Colour in Daringly Nude

MAYBELLINE | Colour Sensational Creammy Matte Lip Colour in Daringly Nude
Hi!

Maybelline has released a new line of Colour Sensational lip sticks and this time, it's all mattes. 

I saw swatches floating around the web and was interested in a few colours actually. Just my luck that the ones I was interested in were out of stock. Well, except for Daringly Nude.

In the tube VS Swatched

As you can see above, how it looks in the tube and how it looks swatched is quite different.

In the tube it's definitely a brown tone nude whereas swatched, it has a pink undertone to it. 

In the following photo, you can see that it looks quite different on the lips too.



On the first swipe, I was like "Oh crap. I look lifeless.".

As I continued applying, my heart sank deeper.

SCENT
It has a rather overpowering scent which reminds me of play dough (to me). Somewhat like the scent NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams give off but stronger. The scent lingered for a good 15 minutes before it started to fade away. I personally dislike strong scents and this made me want to wipe it off my lips immediately.

PIGMENTATION: 4/5
It managed to conceal the colour of my lips for the most part. However, it did not manage to conceal the outer edges of my lips with are a darker brown. I could not build it up enough to do so as at a certain point, it would start to drag the existing product off the lips.

TEXTURE: 4.5/5
The lipstick has a creamy texture, similar to Mac's Cremesheen formula. It is definitely matte with no sheen whatsoever. Although it is slightly more creamy than what a conventional matte texture would be, there is no tendency of it feathering. However, it will transfer as the creamy texture does not dry down completely. 

APPLICATION: 4/5
Application was smooth. If you have uneven pigmented lips like mine, a lip liner is highly recommended to give it more definition as it does have a slip to it. Otherwise it can come across as sloppy (like above). Up close, you can tell that it has settled into the lines, making my lips look extremely aged.  Which surprised me somewhat as I would have expected that such a creamy product would fill in and cover the lines instead. 

WEAR: 3/5
Touch up is necessary as it wears off easily and completely after a meal. Removal is also simple, a wet wipe is sufficient. 

VERDICT
If scent is something that does not bother you, I would say give this a go. On the other hand, it's not a product that I would initiate a purchase for. It's more of, "Oh. Since I'm already buying stuff on the site, I might as well give it a go" kind of situation. I also recommend staying away from the nudes because those are tricky especially since you have to buy these online. I personally won't be picking up more as the scent is too much for me. :/

As usual, I hope this was helpful!

♥ Sheena V

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.