Review | E.L.F. | Lip Exfoliator

Hey guys!

Most of you would have known that I went on a US Online Shopping rampage (here) a few weeks back.

Therefore today, I'm going to share with you my thoughts on one of my buys.

E.L.F. Lip Exfoliator
I previously used LUSH Mint Julip Lip Scrub which I bought whilst in Australia. 
It was starting to run out hence I needed a replacement. 

I initially wanted to repurchase it 
but when I saw that it was retailing for S$22.90 in Singapore, 
I went, 

HELL NO

It costs only AU$9.95 (S$12.50) there!

No way was I dropping more than $20 on a tiny pot of medicated sugar!

Which brings me to this purchase.


When I first took it out of the parcel, I was surprised at how bulky the packaging was.

INGREDIENTS
Sugar, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Vitis VInifera (Grape Seed) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oild (Jojoba), Copernicia Cerifia Wax (Carnauba), Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ceresin, Butyrospermm Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance

The exfoliator itself was the size of Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick, which that by itself is big.

The packaging was twice its length and 1.5 times its width. Crazy.

DIRECTIONS
Apply, like how you would with a lipstick, to clean to clean damp lips and massage in a circular motion to exfoliate.
Now, looking at the picture above, one would think that it has a grainy texture right? 

Nope. 

This exfoliator was smooth to the touch, which surprised me. 

I mean, how is it going to exfoliate my lips if there's no friction?!

Fine, I figured that its probably just the initial layer that's smooth. It's probably going to get rougher as I use it.

Hence I decided to give it a week before I start forming solid opinions on it. 

Not to mention, I found the scent off putting. 
However, guess what? I only got 4 uses out of this. 

You want to know why?

It freaking broke on me.

BROKE.


And fell onto the bathroom floor. Ain't gonna use that anymore.

It also made me realise how little product there actually is. 0.16 oz to be exact. 

Whilst LUSH Mint Julips has approx 0.88 oz. (Repurchasing it is seemingly more attractive)

Also, one thing to note, it never did become more abrasive. At least not by the 4th use.

Okay, maybe the tip did but that's it!

While product did wear down, the brown particles seen in the tube didn't seem to contribute any factor to it being a exfoliator. This could be because there seems to be more wax (yes, there's waxthan sugar. 

It did nothing to my lips whatsoever. 

Maybe that's why it was on sale for US$2.69 (as opposed to US$3)

You guys have to tell me if I'm doing anything wrong because this freaking sucks.

VERDICT: Major Fail. Don't bother.

In the meantime, I guess I'll have to search for another alternative. 

If any one has any recommendations that costs no more than $15, please comment down below.

Otherwise,

Anyone from Australia wants to send me some LUSH Mint Julip?

Pretty please?

♥ Sheena V

P.S. Come back on Thursday, I'll be posting up another product from my drugstore.com purchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.