Review + Swatch | Nars | Pure Matte Lipstick in Amsterdam

Putting Nars Pure Matte Lipstick to the test!
A few days back, Q and I went out for a seafood dinner at Newton.

So I thought, what better opportunity than to test out my new lipstick right? Hahaha.

Before I get on to how the lipstick fared, here are the swatches;

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Amsterdam
 I would describe the colour as a deep, blue-toned red with a hint of brown. A plus point for those struggling with stained teeth (me).

Application: 5 out of 5 Noting that the tip of the lipstick is round, unlike the usually tear drop shape, it is surprisingly easy to colour within the lines with precision.

Pigmentation: 4 out of 5 Swiped once, the colour is fairly opaque. I also found this lipstick to be buildable, to create a deeper red.

Texture: 5 out of 5 Perfect texture for a matte lipstick. The formula was neither drying nor hydrating. It had a touch of creaminess to allow the lipstick to glide on smoothly but it still dried down to a matte finish. Once applied and set, the lipstick did not move around.

*No foundation, only mascara, eye liner and the lipstick.
NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Amsterdam

So now, how did it fare the eating test?

Just so you know, I had a lot of sauce based dishes;



I had applied the lipstick, without a lip liner, an hour before the picture on the left.

As you can clearly tell, from a normal distance, the colour remained the same after the meal. It did not bleed, which is always a good thing. Don't you hate it when that happens?

Under closer inspection, right in front of a mirror, I could see that bits of it did come off but nothing too obvious. It did help that I have pigmented lips so for those who do not, it might pose a little bit of a problem for you. Although I would say its a negligible problem as it was presentable enough for one to get to the toilet and reapply. 

I definitely suggest wiping off the rest of the remaining lipstick before reapplying because sauces tend to adhere to the lips. Afterall, you just ate and some pieces of food might have adhered to the lips.

Highly Recommended, especially for those wanting a fuss free red lip that will last throughout a meal. Very important factor if you're at an important function or special occasion. 

As always, hope this was helpful!

♥ Sheena V

Disclaimer: The lipstick was gifted to me by Nars SG for winning a contest. No, I wasn't paid to review it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.