Review + Swatch | Colourpop Cosmetics | Lippie Stix in Frida, Lumiere & Button


Hey guys!

If you follow me on instagram @SheenaShares, you'd know that I promised these swatches a while back. So this post is actually a long time coming. And I'm only gonna give you half of what I promised. Terribly sorry about that.

Apologies aside, let's do a recap on the shades I got.


The 6 shades I got were Dalia, LBB, Brink, Frida, Lumiere and Button.


However, today, I'll be sharing my thoughts on only the 3 lightest shades i.e. Button, Lumiere and Frida.

Just a quick overview, these lippie stix are very creamy across the board. The extent on how creamy the lippie stix depends on the finish (satin being creamier than the mattes) but still creamy nonetheless. The scent I get on this is reminiscent of Maybelline lipticks ("play dough"-ish) though on a fainter scale. Therefore I doubt these would offend anyone's nostrils.

[NOTE: The lighting of each picture differs slightly because I shoot using natural light. I have adjusted the properties accordingly, such that the true colour of the lipstick is shown (as much as possible) although the true colour of my skin is not. Hahaha. In addition, no lipliner or balm was used so excuse the less than precise application (: ]

-----

LIPPIE STIX | BUTTON

LIPPIE STIX | Button | Lip Swatch
BUTTON is described as a mid tone warm nude shade with a satin finish. On my lips, it looked lighter than a medium pink with a peachy undertone. I would advise those with a skintone of NC40 and above to stay clear from this shade to avoid looking pasty. 

TEXTURE: 5/5
The texture is very smooth and creamy. In comparison to Mac lipsticks, I would say that the texture is more a kin to cremesheen rather than satin. 

APPLICATION: 4.5/5
The formula made for smooth application. However, 0.5 mark deducted because you do have to be careful not to twist up too much or risk breaking it. This shade in particular seemed more fragile than the rest. 

PIGMENTATION: 5/5
Despite it being a light shade, pigmentation was on point as it even covered the outer edges of my lips, which are pigmented dark brown.

LONGEVITY: 4/5
It remained more or less the same after 6 hours of no eating or drinking at home. It was neither drying nor hydrating. Hadn't put it through the eating test because I never use this colour out (too pasty for public). But I would imagine reapplication is much recommended with it being a light shade.

LIPPIE STIX | Lumiere

LIPPIE STIX | Lumiere | Lip Swatch
LUMIERE is described as a dusty mauve pink with a matte finish. In person, it has a bit of a white undertone to is which may not work for my skin tone or darker. I personally do not like this shade on me. I love mauves but for some reason, it makes me look pale. For reference, I'm a 173 in MUFE HD Foundation.

I also feel the need to add this because many people expect it to look the same on the lips as it does swatched on the back on the hand. The back of our hand tends to be more neutral because it rarely comes directly under the sun. Unless your lips are a true pink, it is unlikely that it will show up as a true mauve on the lips. If you want that look, get both the pencil and the lippie stix. 
  
TEXTURE: 4.5/5
This formula, or rather the matte formula in general, does not drag but it is less emollient/creamy than the satins.

APPLICATION: 4/5
As this formula is less creamy, more attention is need when applying. Put too much pressure and these would break. In addition, this particular shade is not buildable. In the close up, you can still see my lip colour peeking through. This was despite trying to create a more opaque layer. Layering actually caused some of the cream to move around a bit. 

PIGMENTATION: 4/5
From the close up, you can definitely see the other edges of my lip. In addition, you may or may not tell but my inner lip colour can actually still be seen, just that not so obvious because my inner lip colour is similar. However, if I were to look in a mirror, I can definitely tell which parts of my lips a 'exposed'.

LONGEVITY: 3.5
It remained more or less the same after 6 hours of no eating or drinking but by the end, it got slightly drying. On me, these didn't last me through a meal. It went extremely patchy after a meal. Not transfer proof.

LIPPIE STIX | Frida
LIPPIE STIX | Frida | Lip Swatch
FRIDA, funnily, is described as a warm mid tone nude pink, which is a similar description to Button. Reason being, I found Button to be more pink than Frida. Frida is similar to Button but has a tinge more orange to it. Frida is a satin finish. I personally think this a a great nude for me (lighting is making my skin tone look fairer than it actually is, in reality, there isn't that much contrast.)

TEXTURE: 5/5
Similar to Button, texture is very smooth and creamy. In comparison to Mac lipsticks, this is similar to a cremesheen finish.

APPLICATION: 4.5/5
The formula made for smooth application. However, 0.5 mark deducted because you do have to be careful not to twist up too much or risk breaking it, although not as fragile as Button.

PIGMENTATION: 4.5/5
My inner lip colour is fully covered, only the edges of my lips lay exposed hence the 0.5 mark deduction.

LONGEVITY: 4.5/5
It remained more or less the same after 6 hours of no eating or drinking. It was neither drying nor hydrating. It didn't become patchy after a meal but it didn't exactly last me through a meal as well. One could go on without reapplying but for me, reapplication was a better choice. Not transfer proof.

-------

That's it guys.

'Til the next post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.